Installing VSMMD with Visual Studio 2008

Topics: VSMMD
Jan 30, 2008 at 3:06 PM
Hello I am trying to install VSMMD with Visual Studio 2008.
I have GAX July CTP installed (since it is the only version that supports "Orcas")
Then I try to install VSMMD but a message box appears saying that GAX are not installed.

Is there any special steps to get it installed?
Coordinator
Feb 1, 2008 at 1:33 AM
Hi David,
I would suggest that you do not try this. The tooling was never qualified on Visual Studio 2008. In fact the V1.3 version of GAX should only be installed on Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 Beta II. We are currently in final development of GAT and GAX V1.4 for Visual Studio 2008 RTM. There are some challenges that we are working through so I do not have a an ETA for GAX yet. Once GAX becomes available the latest version of the TSMMD V2.0 CTP should be made available within days after GAX. The new TSMMD has several new features that have been outlined on the home page.

The new version of GAX addresses several un-install issues that have been a sore point until now.

-Bill

David wrote:
Hello I am trying to install VSMMD with Visual Studio 2008.
I have GAX July CTP installed (since it is the only version that supports "Orcas")
Then I try to install VSMMD but a message box appears saying that GAX are not installed.

Is there any special steps to get it installed?

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:48 AM
Thanks for the info.
I am eagerly waiting for it.
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2008 at 9:12 PM
TSMMD is now available.
-Bill

David wrote:
Thanks for the info.
I am eagerly waiting for it.