How to extend VSMMD DSL?

Topics: Health Modeling, VSMMD
Jun 26, 2007 at 12:40 PM
Hi!

I've intereted in extension of managable entities in VSMMD DSL. So I have a lot of questions:
1. What DSL do you use for healph model description? Something like CML?
2. How can I extend this DSL with new properties?
3. What tools had you used for development? DSL Tools(for model visual editor) and GAT?

Regards,
Roman.
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2008 at 1:20 AM
Hi Roman,
#1 We created a custom DSL to implement the Health domain. This is a CTP and will drive requirements into CML. In developing the designer we kept traceability to CML as a design priority.
#2 When VSMMD was developed we anticipated providing source for the tooling like most other patterns & practices deliverables. So it would be easy for developers with GAX and DSL skills to extend the designer. We built specific extension points for technology providers, code generation and downstream processing (MP Generation, etc.). However with TSMMD recent decisions have been made that resulted in TSMMD being made available as a binary only deliverable. This complicates the ability for external extensions to be developed. This is an area that we will need to invest in the near future to enable the extensibility scenario(s). However I cannot provide specifics until we complete initial designs of this area.
#3 Correct. TSMMD has been developed on the DSL Toolkit and Guidance Automation.

-Bill

grom wrote:
Hi!

I've intereted in extension of managable entities in VSMMD DSL. So I have a lot of questions:
1. What DSL do you use for healph model description? Something like CML?
2. How can I extend this DSL with new properties?
3. What tools had you used for development? DSL Tools(for model visual editor) and GAT?

Regards,
Roman.